Vitamin D is an essential nutrient for the effective utilization of calcium. It helps in preventing osteoporosis and fractures.
• Vitamin D is used for treating weak bones (osteoporosis), bone pain (osteomalacia), and bone loss.
• Preventing falls and fractures.
• Preventing low calcium and bone loss in people with kidney failure.
• Also used for boosting the immune system, preventing autoimmune diseases, and preventing cancer.
• Vitamin D is involved in regulating the levels of minerals such as phosphorous and calcium.